Sunday, June 28, 2015

My Clarisonic Mia ... The journey so far


A few weeks ago thanks to a birthday gift card I purchased a Clarisonic Mia. I had thought about getting one for a while. I had read so many positive reviews and I'm a bit of a skin care freak so felt it would be great to add one to my routine. So the gift card swayed it. I had baulked at the price but when it was very little out of pocket expense it was an easy decision. 

The first time I used it my skin felt different. It felt clean and soft without that stretched taut feeling. Now that stretched taut feeling is one I have not felt in a long time since I learned that was actually not a good feeling. Even if your skin is on the oily side like mine all it does is make your skin produce more oil. So long ago I stopped using foaming cleansers and many products specifically for oily skin. But I liked the way my skin felt so soft after just cleansing. My night serum and cream didn't seem to go on any easier than normal but otherwise I felt good.

I bought a new cleanser to try and soon learned it wasn't for me! After cleansing with that and my Mia my face went a bright red and stung. Ok so that cleanser goes to hubby to use! 

Then I got sick and missed a few nights as I was incapable of doing anything more than splash my face. Illness shows on my face and I started to look pale and drawn with dark circles. When I started to feel a bit better I started using my Mia again. A simple cream cleanser each night. At first I felt it was doing nothing but it was competing with some rather nasty illness induced skin! It's not a miracle worker.

One day recently I decided to perk myself up. So I applied my Eve Taylor exfoliant mask. After I had finished I had an idea.  This particular product contains no granules ( I never use exfoliants like that anymore...those little rough bits....not good!) I wet my face and used the Mia briefly before rinsing. I applied my moisturiser afterwards and felt and looked better than I had in weeks! 

The following day I looked more alive and my dark circles had significantly reduced. I need to point out that I still had symptoms. I had ended up with bronchitis and a nasty ear infection and was taking antibiotics so realistically I shouldn't look much better and yet I did.

So was it the Mia or something else? I dunno but I think the Mia has helped. Not only does it clean the skin it works a bit like a massager so helps to drain all the nasties from the skin and increase blood flow so that can cause a reduction in dark circles and dullness. 

So perhaps I sound like I'm selling something so sorry if that is the case. But I think I am falling in love with my Mia. It feels good and makes my skin feel and look better. Oh and so far not a pimple in sight! So none of the purging I had been warned about. So what's not to love?

No comments: