Sunday, May 1, 2016

#The Meaning Behind Your Blog Name



This could prove to be a rather dull tale I'm afraid. My blog name is simply to be consistent with my identity as a writer. So it's basically my name.

But I can at least explain the  'Wordsmith' part. I wanted to have one word that would describe me as a writer that I could use across all platforms and that was a little bit different.

Writer was too obvious and I haven't written a book yet so author would be confusing (I've written short stories).

So I wanted a word to encompass all the writing I do and the love of the written word I have. So wordsmith popped into my head. I've often wondered if it sounds a bit pretentious but I don't really care now.

I love the old fashioned nature of the word and the alliteration is cool. Shame my first name doesn't start with a W really ...

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Love the "wordsmith" term - certainly a versatile and all-encompassing term! And old school!

iReview Global said...

Haha! Not pretentious at all. It's different and I like that!

Unknown said...

Love the use of wordsmith that's awesome

Unknown said...

I love this! Definitely not pretentious.

Also, you've inspired me to write about why I picked my blog name...a post may well come this week! :-)