Wednesday, May 4, 2016

#5 - 15 Facts about YOU

So here is the challenge for May 5th in the Odd May Blog Challenge. I must admit the thought of listing 15 facts about me had me a little puzzled. I figured facts were different to what I thought about myself or the usual listing your strengths or positive traits. Then I thought listing simple facts might not make for great reading so do I elaborate or not?

Anyway I put away my crazy train of thought away and just did it. Here they are -

1. I have blue eyes and fair skin. The blue eyes are often complimented upon most notably once when I was in a dentists chair with so much stuff in my mouth keeping it open that my mumbled 'thank you' could have sounded like anything.

2. My ancestry as far as I know is a combo of English, Scottish, and Irish. I'd dearly love to find some Welsh.

3. My maiden name is Sneyd. It is a relatively rare surname and has an interesting history. The Sneyd family had a grand ancestral home in Stoke on Trent in England, Keele Hall. It is now a university.

4. I have no real 'favourite' anything. When people ask what is my favourite colour, film, TV show, food, band or song etc I honestly can't answer. I have such varied tastes that I could never choose just one of any of these things.

5. I'll stand by what I believe in - I'm steadfast. This fact comes courtesy of my husband, David. This was his response when I asked him for a fact about me!

6. I have an awesome husband! 😉 Plus a super awesome, smart, crazy son named Sachell. ( see second photo)

7. I'm a survivor of chronic illness.

8. I grew up watching Rugby League and am a passionate Wests Tigers fan.

9. I grew up in Marrickville, in the inner west of Sydney.

10. I have an irrational fear of dying of thirst in the desert. This came about after watching a mini series about one of my heroes, Sir Charles Kingsford Smith. It depicted the incident where the pilots Keith Anderson and Bob Hitchcock crashed their plane in the Tanami desert and perished. Hence why I've never done the epic journey across the Nullarbor Plain and probably never will!

11. Strangely though I don't have a problem flying in planes!

12. I can name the English line of succession from 1066 by memory.

13. I've never had a broken bone (touch wood!)

14. I currently live on the Gold Coast in Queensland. ( see photo - such a beautiful place!)

15. I hate hot weather ... So yes I live in the entirely wrong place ...
















3 comments:

iReview Global said...

LOVE this post! I'm in love with hot weather destinations, so I am hanging out to visit Dubai, and love coming to the gold coast for a sunny holiday!

Kellie Warner said...

Yes I seem to be in the minority when it comes to weather. Dubai is horrendously hot - luckily their air con is awesome. Lol!

Unknown said...

Great post! :) You know, there is a DNA test you can do with Ancestry.com where it can give you the exact breakdown of your DNA? Or that's what I've been told - a friend of mine did that. I'm keen to try it myself as I have a very diverse ethnic background.
I love the Gold Coast - only been there once but hope to be back sometime!