Monday, December 1, 2014

A bit excited... Writing Prompt Challenge

I was going to write a post about common courtesy and about how it seems to be in fact very uncommon these days...if you will pardon the cliched pun. But instead of whinging and whining about people at busy supermarkets I am going to focus on the positive...

I can't tell you how thrilled I am to have posted my first ever event on facebook which is a writing prompt challenge. The thought came to me after I had participated in some online challenges. Mostly photo based ones but in the midst of these, I was a reading  a writing prompt book and the idea came to me; what about a writing prompt challenge? 

It worried me at first that it might be hard to write based on a prompt every day. But I thought even just a single sentence would do and even that can be creativity challenging. So why not? 

Given that not long ago I hesitated to even create a writers page for myself I think this is a great step in the right direction. It's scary to think I will have to post a piece of writing every day for ten days. But it's also exciting!

So thank you to all of you who have signed up. I can't wait to see what you all come up with. If you haven't been invited and would like to join then go to my facebook writers page. ( will put the link below) Also if I sent you an invite and you thought 'bloody hell I can barely have one clear thought a day let alone write something...' and have not accepted....then shame on you! No just joking.... It's all fine, this is meant to be fun after all. Feel free to silently stalk the page and chuckle at my efforts!

Anyway December 8th it starts and see... I have already forgotten about that annoying woman in the supermarket who made me want to rant about courtesy....

Bye for now,
Kell

https://www.facebook.com/Kellieawarner

No comments: